Thursday, September 2, 2010

Meet Luke, a 2010/11 Community Reviewer


Local reviewers like Luke will see selected Broadway and Arts Alive! performances and post his reviews. He'll attend the hottest touring shows and share his opinion on all aspects of the performance – from the acting to the set design and the choreography to the storyline! Click 'read more' to learn more about Luke.


What is your professional background?
I am a vocal music educator at Kimberly High School.
What is your dream job?
I’m doing it.
What is your favorite Broadway show?
Can’t name one, so I’ll name my current 5 (in no particular order).
-The Last Five Years: Brilliant contemporary music and very intelligent and honest portrayal of a failing relationship.
-Bat Boy: A very quirky and funny telling of an “outsider” story.
-Les Mis: Epic. That is all.
-Putnam County Spelling Bee: Funniest show I’ve ever seen.
-Avenue Q: Also, the funniest show I’ve ever seen.
Have you ever been disappointed by a performance? Why? I saw Phantom of the Opera in New York a few years ago, and realized that the show actually isn’t really very good at all. There’s a great deal of spectacle, glitz, and romance, but not much substance or compelling story. I know that everyone is supposed to love this show, but there’s really not much there that is engaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment