Sunday, December 19, 2010

Cirque Dreams Illumination: Wow!


A few years ago I was given the opportunity to go down to Milwaukee to see another Cirque production and turned it down. I now realize what a mistake that was. The performance of Cirque Dreams Illumination at the Fox Cities Performing Arts Center was outstanding! The amount of talent and choreography involved was awe-inspiring and kept me on the edge of my seat for the entire performance.

I caught myself with my mouth wide-open and hands over my eyes constantly throughout the show. I was in awe, and many times fear, of what the performers were able to do. The creativity of the setting of scenes and characters flowed flawlessly together. The occasional bit of humor was a great touch to the performance as it let me take a deep breath after witnessing a daring stunt.


My favorite parts of the show included the Sailor’s balancing act and the four gymnasts’ amazing show of flexibility and strength. Balancing on numerous stacked chairs while being upside down on one hand was incredible. I thought over and over that he was going to fall but obviously, he never did. The gymnasts’ performance was indescribable. I can’t even imagine how they learned to balance 10 feet in the air, with their head while holding another person on their feet! It just amazes me.


Cirque Dreams Illumination is definitely a must-see. This jaw-dropping performance will keep anyone entertained and can really change your perception of what humans are capable of.

No comments:

Post a Comment