• 75 local stagehands are hired in every market to load the production into the theater
• 35 local stagehands are used for each performance
• 20 trucks are used to move the production from city to city (16 trucks in the building, 4 more trucks for the jump/advance)
|Linda Balgord as Madame Giry. Photo by Matthew Murphy.|
• The design incorporates not only original Maria Björnson designs from the original but also designs by Maria that were never used for Phantom before.
• There are a few pieces from the original production that are over 25 years old used in this production.
• Over 1,200 costume pieces used during the show.
• Each ballet girl goes through a pair of ballet shoes every 2-3 weeks
• Madame Giry has only 1 costume
|Julia Udine and Cooper Grodin. Photo by Matthew Murphy.|
• Over 120 wigs travel with Phantom
• About 50 wigs are used in the show every night
• All wigs are made from human hair except for 5
• Stock of about 50 mustaches
• Phantom uses over 200 speakers
• Approximately 50 are used just for the surround sound package
• Over 85 moving lights in the design that utilizes 4 different kinds of haze/smoke effects.
• Over 6,000 beads are on the chandelier
• Each strand has 632 beads
• The chandelier weighs 1 ton
• This new chandelier was designed by Howard Eaton (who designed the Olympic rings for the London ceremonies)
• The main scenic wall weighs 10 tons and rotates around the stage
• The 2 opera boxes scenic elements together take up a full truck to travel from city to city
|The Company performs Hannibal. Photo by Matthew Murphy.|
• 17 orchestra members plus conductor perform Andrew Lloyd Webber’s magnificent score every performance
Don't miss this spectacular new production! Tickets are on sale now and begin at $49. Visit foxcitiespac.com for details.